Reasons Lucia is joining the Peace Corps:
10. I like to travel.
9. I like to meet new people.
8. I've always volunteered and can't imagine my life without it.
7. I want to travel, meet new people and volunteer with the "safety net" that the Peace Corps provides (i'm too chicken to just go off with a backpack and a pocketknife to survive).
6. I like being silly and laughing at myself (i'm told this is an important trait for survival in the Peace Corps)
5. I want to challenge myself to see the world in a different light (i.e. life without running water/electricity is not the end of the world. not all of Africa is a desolate wasteland like the news seems to portray).
4. I want to make a difference in the world (how ridiculously idealistic).
3. I don't mind if that difference is considered very small in the grand scheme of things. You never know how that small ripple can affect someone else in a big way.
2. I want to witness the universal humanity that resides in all of us but learn about the individual differences that make each culture unique.
1. They accepted me!!! (sorry i know that's really obvious but its true!)
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's a great top 10 list. Yey for the little ripples in the world! :-)
ReplyDelete