Friday, September 11, 2009

The Gambia!

My first blog post ever and I get to announce that I'm heading to The Gambia for my Peace Corps assignment!

Some quick facts about Gambia are found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambia

I'll be leaving November 2 from Philadelphia, PA. My official assignment will be as a Health and Community Development Extensionist (my focus will be on women and children's health education).

So there you have it! More to come

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Lucia! And now I have Ramble On stuck in my ear. I guess it could be worse.

    Siah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Siah! Well now when you hear Ramble On, you can think of me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Lucia! I guess you didn't need to brush up on your French after all. You can go on vacation in Senegal and Mali to practice anyway, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See you in Phili! - then Gambia - - -

    ReplyDelete